I was in a good song writting mood today, and I really like the one I wrote, it's a bit sad, I'm going to tell you right now. But if you don't think so, well you obviously have no heart.
It's called My Sweet Little Soldier
I was only 17
When you first caught sight of me
I was working at a little cafe
on the corner
you made your way over to me
you said "can I have a coffee please"
your piercing green eyes
caught be by surprise
as I stuttered out an answer
You'd come everyday
again and again
and one day you
asked where I lived
you said you wanted to take me out that night
And I didn't hesitate
I told you where and you said
It was a date
I smiled as you waved and said goodbye
CHORUS:
Well we write
letters to eachother
and I find myself missing those green eyes
I can't wait for the day you come back again.
I remember that first day
I saw you
I was so glad
that you saw me too
I'm really starting to love you
My sweet little soldier
That night when you picked me up
you took me to the riverside
you said you like the way the moon
made my brown eyes shine
We sat and talked
and the time flew by
you asked if you could
kiss me goodnight
I said I wouldn't mind if you did
And boy wasn't that
some kiss
Then you left
later that night
and I swore you took
my heart with you
I remember wishing that you'd be safe
I'd wait and wait
everyday
sitting in that
little cafe
But I knew you
wouldn't be there
CHORUS
I remember watching the news
late at night
and then they listed the names of the missing
and the ones that died.
That day I cried myself
to sleep
shouting out that
it just couldn't be
I found my self just wishing
That I could hold
My sweet little soldier
Oh oh why'd you have to
leave me
You promised that we would
always be
Now I realize that day when
we first met
I loved you and we hadn't
even spoken yet
Oh oh I really do love you
I try to live but I don't
have a clue
Come back
I can't be without you
I promise to do
everything I gotta do
Now I'm starting to get older
But I'll never forget
my sweet little soldier
Whatcha think? I was listening to Just A Dream by Carrie Underwood and the song inspired me, this and Traveling Soldier by Dixie Chicks. I really hope you guys like it :) Feedback please :)
My day was a bit confusing. Feelings wise I mean, I strongly disliked Science class. I am not going to say anymore before I start ranting.. but yeah. Me no likey. Other then that, I actually enjoyed Keyboarding. :) Well I'm going to go now...hope you liked the song :)
Night <3
"This time, I'm gonna do it my way"
That is fabulous! You combined two of my favorite song and honestly I think I like it more than both Just a Dream & Traveling Solider. <3
ReplyDeletethanks (:
ReplyDeleteyou wanna know something funny? i really don't know what I'm gonna do with these songs...I write them, but then their just...there :S
why don't you sing them? You are an amazing singer!But if you don't want to do that why don't you submit them to a contest or something? Also, some people sell their songs
ReplyDeletei would never sell my songs.
ReplyDeleteever.
i'd sing them but only to friends (:
thats good! If even one person hears your beautiful songs then the world will already be a better place (:
ReplyDeleteawww shucks.... :*
ReplyDeleteThat's. So. Amazing.
ReplyDelete<33
I love you soo much.
:)
Seriously, I don't even think you understand.
Taylor....thanks so much <3
ReplyDeletereally :)
I love you too
<3
I think I do, the real question is do you understand how much I love you?
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete